Kullu is the capital town of the Kullu District in Himachal Pradesh. It is located on the banks of the Beas River in the Kullu Valley about ten kilometers north of the airport at Bhuntar. This valley is famous for its temples, beauty and its majestic hills covered with pine and deodar forest and sprawling apple orchards and hand woven textiles especially stole, shawl, muffler and tweed. The design is inspired from the engraving on wall of temples and Buddhist monasteries.
The material used for their weaving is pure wool of counts ranging from 2/32 Nm to 2/64 Nm in warp and weft.
For designing, pure wool is used in extra weft. Bright colors are used generally to give an attractive look.
Kullu shawl is woven by tapestry technique of weaving, in which design is created by using different colored weft yarn of short lengths as per contour of the design. No extra thread is manipulated in its design. It is very time consuming and requires high skill. In this technique the design is first developed on graph paper and then it is woven on ordinary fly shuttle frame loom.
How to distinguish genuine Kullu shawl:
- Designs are developed with different colored weft threads of short length.
- No continuous thread from one end to other is used in design area.
- Basic fabric has diagonal twill lines.
- Kullu shawl is famous for its intricate multi-color strong geometrical pattern woven with woolen yarns.
- Sale! Add to cart
- Girls Collection, Shawls, Women Collection, Wool Shawl
Purely Hand Woven Kullu Handloom Wool Shawls Online
- 100% Pure Genuine Hand Woven. 100% Pure Fine Wool. Beautiful Hand Woven Very Fine Embroidery Designed keeping in mind the changing fashion trends Export Quality, Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed. Highlights Women's, Women Fabric: Pure Fine Wool Pattern: Flower Embroidery Pack of :- 1 Shawl Suitable For: Ethnic Wear/Hand-Loom.