Kullu is the capital town of the Kullu District in Himachal Pradesh. It is located on the banks of the Beas River in the Kullu Valley about ten kilometers north of the airport at Bhuntar. This valley is famous for its temples, beauty and its majestic hills covered with pine and deodar forest and sprawling apple orchards and hand woven textiles especially stole, shawl, muffler and tweed. The design is inspired from the engraving on wall of temples and Buddhist monasteries.
The material used for their weaving is pure wool of counts ranging from 2/32 Nm to 2/64 Nm in warp and weft.
For designing, pure wool is used in extra weft. Bright colors are used generally to give an attractive look.
Kullu shawl is woven by tapestry technique of weaving, in which design is created by using different colored weft yarn of short lengths as per contour of the design. No extra thread is manipulated in its design. It is very time consuming and requires high skill. In this technique the design is first developed on graph paper and then it is woven on ordinary fly shuttle frame loom.
How to distinguish genuine Kullu shawl:
- Designs are developed with different colored weft threads of short length.
- No continuous thread from one end to other is used in design area.
- Basic fabric has diagonal twill lines.
- Kullu shawl is famous for its intricate multi-color strong geometrical pattern woven with woolen yarns.
- Sale! Add to cart
- Girls Collection, Himalayankraft Wool Stole, Pure Wool Stole, Scarf Collection, Stole, Women Collection
Authentic Hand Woven Pure Wool Kullu Handloom Stole – Red
- 100% Pure Genuine Hand Crafted. 100% Pure Wool. Geometric design. Floral Designs. Traditional Kullu Embroidery.. Purely Made in Handloom. Very Warm,Light In Weight And Soft. Can Be Used for Every Moment.. A Proud of Kullu Weavers.. Export Quality, Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed. Highlights Women’s, Women Fabric: Pure Wool Pattern: Embroidered Pack of :- 1 Stole Suitable For: Ethnic Wear/Hand-Loom